Skip to content
Mustard seeds are packed full of vitamins, minerals and plenty of antioxidants. High in dietary fibre and contain 30% of protein.
You will need: mustard seeds, glass or plastic container with lid.
- soak mustard seed for 6 to 12 hours. - drain and rinse
- line the bottom of your container with a wet towel or kitchen cloth.
- spread the soaked seeds evenly on the wet towel.
- cover the container with a loose fitting lid or another clean towel and place container by a sunny window.
- water the sprouts 2 to 3 times daily and drain the excess water for 3 to 5 days until roots are desired length ( use a spray bottle for easier watering.
- rinse sprouts well. Remove excess water. If you have a salad spinner take the seeds for a ride, this will help to remove any access water and extend the shelf life of your sprouts.
- store in fridge for up to a week.
Use it in salads, omeletes, sandwiches, burgers and wraps....add it to your veggie burger recipe.. Great additon as a topping for stir-fries and soup. Grind it down and add it to your pancake batter and smoothie.
High in: -Vitamin A, B6, C, E, K and copper.